Monday, October 29, 2012

Blog # 4

In this passage the author states that Zeitoun started to get ready for the flooding because he though about "Elevate, elevate." He obviously took whatever had worth in to another place, so everything can be dried.  Wait, in one part of this passage something keeps my attention.  I think is the way this couple handle a situation when the storm/ Hurricane started it.  Kathy usually called her husband to tell him what to do or not to do "I told you not to cancel the property insurance." This is a typical couple having disagreements by phone -The husband did not listen his wife.  What might happened if Zeitoun had paid the insurance as his wife told him.  I asked my self if he may stay or leave with his family? "Zeitoun" (Eggers 86-87). *  This is what happen in a couple who live together because they shared everything in their marriage, they became as one.  It is understandable this situation because is part of the marriage where they were separated by the hurricane Katrina.  In the other passages the author's discussion about how Zeitoun and Frank rescued people on the canoe; they did not leave their home as them.  *by reading the passage and seen this marriage was separated form the weather, I can imagine how much they were suffering due the separation.  There was a family who were separated.  Also, the desperation of Kathy because she got a phone call from someone who called her, and she did not know if that person had killed her husband.  In most of these passages I get to the point of about the consequence that happened when they did not obey the Government during that catastrophe. On one hand, I think about a businessman who tried to rescued part of his properties and people because he had rejected to leave that place.  On the other hand, the Government's people doing their job and Kathy worries "Zeitoun" (Eggers 110-120).  *This is what happened in here where everyone suffered when the the hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.     

*Hi, this carolina who did not how how to cite and tried to explained this" Blog" I did did my best to read out LOUD  as everyone told me (professor, writing center).  I have been learning from another students how to work on their comments,  and I also have been trying to work more on my mistakes.  It takes me time to there because I do not go at the same speed as others students.  I do not feel ashamed to admit where to work because this one of the reason I am fixing this blog. mc


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Carolina, your Blog was a bit unclear but I got the gist of where you were trying to go. A couple things that immediately jumped out to me were the citations that were randomly thrown in there. It had no signal phrase nor did you explain its purpose. Were you trying to show where you got that train of thought from or just trying to cite something?? Elaborate and put something in the quotation marks other than Zeitouns name. I applaud the critical thinking that you showed in this blog and other then a couple a grammatical errors this was a solid blog. Just remember to read your work out loud to see if it sounds fluent. you could have connected and explained your thoughts a bit more through out the blog to give the reader a clearer idea of your points.

    ReplyDelete